- Select a box height that allows for a landing position similar to the starting position.
- Step down (don’t jump).
- Sets/Reps: 3×5
Hurdle Jumps and Hops
- Single-Leg Hops (stick landing)
- Jumps (stick landing with a stop) eg. plate jump landing in a squat. Continue
- Jumps With Bounce without stop
- Continuous Jumps
- Jump over a hurdle or other obstacle
- Sets/Reps: 3×5 hops each leg or 5×5 jumps
You need to explosively push the ground away in a different direction. As a result, your feet spend more time on the ground applying the necessary forces.
- Stand and jump as long as you can.
- Sets/Reps: 3×3 consecutive jumps
- Jump like you was skating
- Immediately jump off your right leg in the opposite direction.
- Continue bounding in this pattern for the specified distance.
- Sets/Distance: 3 x 20 meters
- Jump in a running motion.
- Repeat for specified distance.
- Reps/Distance: 3×20 meters
Tuck squat jump